The year is 2225. The reckless humans have formed a coalition to defend themselves from the rising power of the evil Drengin Empire. The galaxy is about to be set ablaze but there is something far worse out there than each other...
- Play as the Terran Alliance or as one of 9 alien races -- or create your own
- Design your own ships both in how they look and how they function
- Sophisticated diplomatic engine makes sure politics takes a center stage as well
- Watch your designed ships and fleets do battle in GalCiv II's state of the art 3D engine
- Play stand-alone games with randomly generated galaxies, preset scenarios, or a multi-mission campaign that provides the back story for the game
- Advanced governors and empire management ensure that the late game won't bog down, even on gigantic maps
- No CD copy protection. Once you install, you never need your CD again. You can even use the included serial # to re-download the entire game from us years from now